“My little dog, Lilly, was dying. I was $3000 into vet bills. No one knew why she was dying nor what to do about it. She hadn’t eaten, drunk water, or moved for a week and was too weak to move. We treated Lilly with a PEMF machine, the first I heard of it. She was sitting on my lap; she’s only six lbs, a toy poodle. After the PEMF treatment, I put Lilly on the floor, and she walked around the apartment. She had enough energy to look around and be curious about where she was. I bought my first PEMF machine the next day.”
La Casa Spa & Wellness Center is the oldest spa in New York City. It was founded by Dr. Jane G. Goldberg who has spent the 1970’s and 80’s traveling the world with her mother, to seek alternative cancer treatments. Her mother was diagnosed with bone cancer – to which traditional medicine offered no cure. But with the help of holistic, alternative approach, her mother was able to reverse her condition and play tennis once again. La Casa Spa’s treatments and products are developed with the idea that ‘our skin is the door to inner health.’ They emphasize detoxification by implementing treatments that focus on cleansing and refining the skin.
A Life-Changing Treatment for Lily
Dr. Goldberg’s dog, Lilly, was dying. No one can explain to her why the dog was dying or what to do about it. Lilly hadn’t eaten or drunk water for a week already and she was too weak to even move. One of her psychoanalytic patients told her to visit a woman named Donna; Donna has a PEMF machine with which she treats her dogs, and they are over 20 years old now. This alone is a miracle, considering that a dog’s lifespan is normally an average of 8 to 10 years.
PEMF therapy was primarily used on horses for resolution of back and leg injuries. Later on, it was used on greyhounds because they frequently incur sprains, ligament injuries, and other fractures. And because they’ve responded well to the treatment, veterinary practice is now using it with other animals. Aside from helping heal fractures and injuries, PEMF therapy has also improved metabolism, reduce distress and helped in nerve and cell regeneration among animals.
Donna started to use her PEMF device on her dogs when she noticed their positive reaction to it. Every time a patient would come in for treatment, her dogs would throw themselves against the machine – like they were telling her they want to use it. After Lilly had been treated with the machine, she had enough energy to look around where she was. Dr. Jane Goldberg then decided to purchase her first PEMF machine the next day. At first, she bought it for personal use. But after experiencing its healing benefits first hand, she decided to share it with her clients.
A Cure That is Not Instant But Successful
PEMF or Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy is a reparative technique used to treating non-union fractures, failed fusions, depression, and other orthopedic health conditions. It is not an instant cure; it requires several months, several times a week to get good results.
‘I have seen many first-time improvements with inflammation (arthritis and such). But what we are seeing is a symptomatic relief. It convinces people that it works. And if they make the commitment to come frequently, the disease itself improves, or goes away, not just the symptoms.’, says Goldberg.
Moreover, La Casa Spa has experienced success with their patients who are suffering from chronic degenerative diseases such as:
- Lyme is an infectious condition caused by bacteria of the Borrelia type. Transmitted by deer ticks or black-legged ticks, it can affect your internal organs including your brain and nervous system.
- MS or Multiple Sclerosis – this is a chronic disease that affects your central nervous system. You can suffer from paralysis, blindness or numbness in the limbs if you have this.
- Parkinson’s Disease – this is a progressive disorder of the nervous system, particularly the motor system. Early symptoms of this condition include shaking, rigidity, slowness of movement and difficulty with walking.
- Fatigue Disease – examples of this condition are chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. You experience pain all over your body and doing daily tasks seems impossible. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, sleeping problems and mood swings. It can affect the way your brain and muscles work.
PEMF has FDA approval for brain tumors. But La Casa Spa doesn’t have any brain tumor clients, as of now. Dr. Goldberg uses it on her head about 3-4 times a week for memory issues. Studies also show that it works well for stroke victims. But again, the spa doesn’t have any stroke victims who made enough of a commitment to benefit from it. Clients usually give up quickly if they don’t see immediate results.
PEMF Technologies Available at La Casa Spa
La Casa currently uses four methods. The main machine is quite powerful and is used to treat serious health conditions. The other devices are much less powerful and used for the face, sitting or sleeping on.
- The Magna-Pulse – this device is used both for the Intensive Colonics and as a stand-alone therapy. La Casa Spa patients have witnessed it alleviate discomfort and inflammation with astonishing rapidity. It is the spa’s most powerful instrument at 20K Gauss per pulse and 2 Tesla.
- The Pulsed Harmonix – it is a smaller unit than the Magna-Pulse but still very powerful. It has an additional advantage of being able to put the mat on the bed and works to generate energy to your cells while you are sleeping.
- Facial PEMF – this device is used specifically for the face. It delivers sound and heat energy as well as pulsed magnetic energy. A youthful face awaits you with the regular use of this instrument.
- The Pulsed Magnetic Strip – this pulsed magnetic device can be placed on the back and abdomen during massages; it enhances the therapeutic effect of the massage.
Dr. Jane Goldberg highly encourages their clients who are suffering from chronic pain or illness to purchase their own Pulsed Harmonix. It is cheaper than larger machines, and it will allow them to continue their treatment at home.
A Wide Open Future for Non-Toxic & Non-Invasive Healing Alternative
PEMF therapy is the future of alternative treatment. It is a therapeutic device that is fast and easy to use for pain management. As Dr. Goldberg have stated:
‘Its future is wide open. More and more people are learning about it. It’s an important tool in the medicine of the future that is completely non-toxic and non-invasive, and profoundly effective.’
Pulsed electromagnetic field recharges on a cellular level. It is useful for all conditions, and it doesn’t call for cutting the body open. It is 100% safe; it doesn’t cause any damage to your internal organs, and it is not capable of causing injury or death. It works for the maintenance of health and revitalization as well. Dr. Goldberg has been using her PEMF machine since the day she bought it. She is now 70 years old, with no pain and no illness. She uses it at the end of the day while she is watching television with her 18-year old dog, Lilly.